Monday, April 13, 2009

Babies and More Babies

Elegant cocktails, grown-ups making polite conversation, nice babysitters around and soft soothing music in the background. Preferably a jazz piece by Stacey Kent or Ella even. That is my idea of a good celebration in honor of a baby's first month birthday. But of course, in reality it never works out to be the way you want it to be right?

*Smack head* Of course not. Instead, what I went through today was utterly horrifying.

It was my cousin's second baby's 1st month celebration today. So, we brought the necessary gifts and cheery smiles plastered on our faces. When we were about 2 doors away from my cousin's place, I thought I heard a sea seal wailing. (zoo experience) But no! To my horror, when I stepped into the flat, I saw this tiny pun of a baby in this woman's arms and she was the wailing sea seal. Oh My Lord.

I did recovered soon enough to greet my cousin and his wife and congratulated them on their newborn daughter though. Turned out the wailing sea seal was not their baby, but their friend's instead. Whew.

But then, when I was making the rounds with a plastic plate of catered food in my hands, I noticed something really odd.


^This is the star of the day
.


And now, let's play a game of spot the missing babies.


I am not kidding you.

There were more babies that I didn't manage to shoot a picture of. And a few other pregnant women.

I had to go to the corridor to get a breather after lasting all of 10 minutes in that tiny confined flat.

I loved kids. I really do. But I think I'll love them even more when they come in single numbers (like 1 or 2) and are at least 18 years of age.

At least judging from this scene, I can tell that Singapore's government, the PAP will not have to fret much longer about the issue of procreation in its nation. I'm pretty sure that its people are doing the best they can to push more babies out and meet the ideal fertility rate of 2.1 children per woman asap.


2 comments:

  1. Yup. I think it's strangely amusing how quickly they can pop out just by the wave of our government's magic hand. But it's scary...kids in a way...can't imagine if I ever will be at that stage. Btw, thought you were going to study at that hour?.......*sigh*..looking forward to u posting more study scorecards....~~

    ReplyDelete
  2. study scorecards? what are those things? yea relli lots more kids around lately. perhaps it's really the nature of people..hey we're from mars right?

    ReplyDelete