Thursday, April 2, 2009

A Hellish Running Buddy


Haha. I can't help it.


One of my friends from work called me the day before to jog together. I was actually kind of shocked that Poyo called me and did not ask me to join her to
1.club
2.shop or
3.watch films

but instead to
4.jog!!

I was certainly woozy from her suggestion. The only things we did together were activities 1 to 3.

So, I headed out last evening to the park with a tiny bit of trepidation and a lot more apprehension.

This is generally what happened.

P: I'm so excited to run la!

Me: Yeah, you want to do some stretching first?

P: Aiya, no need la. I just ate dinner so I want to digest my food faster by running.

And off we go, at 7.30pm in the park. 2 girls challenging the limits of their body ,testing just how far we can push them.

After 0.8km..

P: Ai! I can't run anymore. Got gastric pain.

Me: Ok. Let's brisk walk.

After another 1km, we tried running again.

0.5km later..

P: I'm dying. Stop running!!!

Me: P! You can do it! Just a bit more. It's only around the corner.

So with more annoying urging/nagging on my part, we managed to complete a 3km course. I swear, Poyo will definitely not want me as her running buddy anymore. :( I know I was being one of those people. (the ones who say YES YES YOU CAN DO IT!)

Later, Poyo confessed to me that she was faking the gastric pain and when that did not even deterred me much in dragging her along to continue the run, she was just about ready to fake an asthama attack.

No comments:

Post a Comment