Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Pleasure Derived.


Just spent some time reflecting on what I've accomplished today and I realized... absolutely nothing.

But isn't is great when you have days like these? When you can just idle around, puff on shisha the whole afternoon, chat with your friends and enjoy a cup or two of piping hot teh tarik?

Even when you know that you have a whole pile of shit waiting for you to clear, and tens of thousands of pages of notes for you to read through, and all the areas and points of the possible exam questions (given the seemingly intellectual guesses you've made) quivering in anticipation for you to mark them out with one of those shockingly disgusting neon-color highlighters?

Yes.

I love days like these. After all, how can one truly enjoy idleness without the pleasure of knowing there's more work to be done yet but one has the option of choosing to stick work up another day's arse or to simply procrastinate?

I know the work and the exams are inevitable and the deadlines are closing in on me. Undecidedly fortunate or not for me, my guilt and panic alert for my various overindulgence have not kicked in yet.

So for now, I'll choose to simply kick back my shoes and bury myself under the bed covers with a copy of Jane Bowles' Plain Pleasures.


No comments:

Post a Comment