Saturday, April 18, 2009

She Is The Woman



She is the woman who brought my mother into her family and provided her with a roof and hot food after my mother was given away by her own mother.

She is the woman who remained true to her heart and devoted herself to one man, regardless of what other people said of her 'marriage status'.

She is the woman who continued to believe in and remained with the same man even when he was down and broke. She is the lover who pawned her jewelry and valuables to help.

She is the woman who sneaked sweets into my hands and told me I was pretty in my red dress during my growing years.

She is the woman who told me everything will turn out fine in life and to just give it time, when I was crying into her lap after my first heartbreak.

She is the woman who taught me and my mother to cook. Instructions were shown to my mother in her kitchen and told over the phone to me. In this way, she taught me to cook my first omelet with spiced sardines.

She is the woman everyone called the kick-ass hot babe in her days. Wolf- whistles.


She is the woman who had by now, checked into the hospital and left it countless times. Each visit the doctors (with different names but yet they are somehow all the same) used words like deteriorating...heart bypass... surgery... damaged organs.

She is the woman who I visited on Thursday to attend her grandson's first month birthday alongside with her and watched as she beamed down proudly at her grandson in my arms. I'm pretty sure my heart was not the only one constricting as I watched her struggle to carry the baby but could not.

She is the woman, despite all the turmoils and destitution life threw at her, held on with dignity, elegance and ounces of charm.

She is the woman who is a daughter, mother, wife and grandmother. But she is also a friend, a confidante, a companion, a pillar, a muse and hope to all whose lives she had touched.

She is the woman who we all loved and little girls hope to be one day.

And which woman are you?




(Thanks to SomethingStickyThisWay for the inspiration, i am the girl, for this post. )


3 comments:

  1. that woman in the photo is charming.. i want to take something like that too.. haha maybe wearing something else la..
    this post is outstanding!

    Jane
    with her new blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yup. Definitely! She is gorgeous, both inside and outside. *envious*.hehe

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okie..since you insisted...I'm the woman who really needs to stay in a temple for the time being to get rid of the murderous thoughts.

    ReplyDelete