Saturday, March 28, 2009

..Aspirations

Oh my God. My legs are still trembling. I just came back from my evening run.
For this year of '09, I had resolved to complete at least a semi marathon run of 10km. I made my decision about a month and a half ago after I broke up with my girlfriend. You can say that this is a sort of aftereffect of the breakup. I just felt like I have to change certain aspects of my life, or rather I see this as an opportunity to actually start going for the things I have always wanted to do. No more waiting and bumming around.

A marathon is one of my greatest fears. Tell anyone of my friends that I'm going to take part in one and they will laugh and snort in your face. I am the queen of comfort living. No roughing it out for me. Hence, my decision to run 10km (where the *^$# are you running to anyway? and.. here comes the questions.) surprised and upset quite a number of my friends.
I believed that if I can kick myself out of my comfort zone and actually do this, it'll be really significant to me. It'll be the first step for me to start living my life as I had always wanted to and not conforming to the shitty regulations of my Singapore society and might I add,my conservative parents. (I love my country and parents especially but sometimes I just don't get them.)


I'm on to 8km now and keeping it down to under an hour at 57 mins.
My friends are adjusting to the shock and are being bloody encouraging now. Thank you guys,Jane YJ Michelles!!!

I'm still mugging for my exams now but am trying to scrounge up whatever little money I have to go visit my friend in Korea later in June. If it doesn't work out now, I'll always find a way to get there eventually. What I have most now are hope and more optimism for the future.

Oh. And I think I'll get my navel pierced too. I have secretly wanted one ever since I was a kid and this desire was reinforced when my friend in the States flashed hers to me during the mid of Media Studies. Don't ask me why but I'm practically dying to find out if it really hurts or not and whether the piercing will appear grotesque when you remove the barbell.
Also, just to add, navel piercing is said to originate from the Spanish ethnicity where it is carried out sometimes during spiritual ceremonies. But some had evidence that the history of it stretches all the way back to ancient Egypt where only the Pharaohs and members of the Royal Family are allowed to pierce their navels.

Arg..and I think I better go stretch my legs again. I hate muscle cramps.




No comments:

Post a Comment